Another day! and I must say I feel better, more energetic!
DAILY PRACTICE LOG:
TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: lip trills, sirens, straight tone scales, fast tounge twisters ( many mumbling mice, red lether yellow lether).
MINUTES: 20
REPERTOIRE: "all I ask of you" from "phantom of the opera" and "tonight" from "west side story". I also looked briefly back at "come to your senses" from "tick, tick, ...boom!"
MINUTES: 40
SUCCESS: I really worked on making "tonight" flow more and stay very conected throughout the whole song, and I feel like I did that successfully. I really concentrated on my breathing on "all I ask of you" and I successfully put breaths in more strategic places so that I didnt break the flow. It sounds and feels much better now.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: I need to keep looking at the timing on "come to your senses", im really all over the place on that song and for some reason, i cant seem to get the timing right.
NOTES: I like singing "tonight" much much better when I really put everything into it. I remember Kurt saying "its like when you do a dance and you have the choreography, and then your instuctor says "now dance it!" that really helped me.
YOGA # 2
DATE/TIME: jan 4th, 10:00am
TYPE OF CLASS: Bikram (hot) yoga
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: beginner
STUDIO: Bikram Yoga of Albuquerque, Alameda
MOST ENJOY: I really loved this class. This is my favorite yoga class so far because I really pushed myself and by the end of the class, I could feel myself just melting into the floor. I felt very energized after this class.
CHALLENGING: It is always challenging to do the poses that go upside down. I always do alright until its time to go upside down, then I get super dizzy and almost lose it.
OBSERVATIONS: I really liked this instructor because she was strict but she was really in -tune with all of the people in the class and it just felt like she knew what we needed and how far she could push us.
ME AND SHANNON:
DANCE CLASS #2
DATE/TIME: jan 4th, 6:00-8:00pm
TYPE OF CLASS: jazz, choreography , Dance Expose' company rehersal
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Advanced
STUDIO/INSTRUCTOR: Dance Expose', Edye Allen
MOST ENJOY: we worked on alot of technique accross th floor like pirruettes. I really enjoyed when we got into working on our dances, we worked on a dance that requires alot of emotion so I liked being able to really act out the dance.
CHALLENGING: class was very challenging because most everything we did was very fast so I kept getting out of breath. It was also challenging mentally because I had to remember the dances that we hadnt worked on in awhile.
OBSERVATIONS: I noticed that when I use the breathing techniques that I learned in yoga, I am able to control my movements much more.
ME AND EDYE WORKING MY ARABESQUE ( IM THE ONE IN THE YELLOW)
HEALTHY MEAL # 4
spinach with grilled chicken and shitake sesame dressing
YUM!!!
Thanks to all of all of my supporters!I love you guys! stay tuned!!!
I feel the energy of your determination Erin...I know how much you want this...and it shows. keep it up. (and dont think I will let up on you at dance rehearsal)!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you for taking this on you are a stong, beautiful young woman and you have so much determination!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete