I HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY. I GOT UP EARLY TO VOCALIZE BEFORE WORK.
DAILY PRACTICE LOG:
TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: sirens, lip trills, crying into scales, straight tone scales. I worked on cresendos and decresendo.
MINUTES: 20
REPERTOIRE: "Never fall in love again" from promises promises and "The Finer things" getting ready for the recital today, and, inspired by the awesome jazz show I saw last night, I began to look at "Masquerade", Karen Carpenter.
MINUTES: 40
SUCCESS: The finer things felt really good today, i felt really connected to my support in my belly. "Never fall in love again" felt more set as far as style, I found the kind of style I want to sing it in.
AREAS TO IMPROVE: I just started working with the karen carpenter song and there are some parts that are way down in the chest voice, that is why I love her sound, I need to develope that part of my voice so I can sing those parts with clarity.
NOTES: I think working on stuff from the carpenters is really good for me to work my chest voice.
THEN I WENT TO WORK, AND THEN I WENT TO A MASTER CLASS WITH SANDRA NEEL AND PAUL, AND THEN I HEADED STRAIGHT TO THE FULL VOICE RECITAL WHERE I PERFORMED MY 2 BRAND NEW SONGS LEARNED JUST THIS MONTH!
THE RECITAL WAS REALLY AWESOME. WE ALL GOT THERE AROUND 3PM AND STARTED SETTING UP CHAIRS AND GETTING IN SOME LAST MINUTE PRACTICE WITH ZACK. THEN, PEOPLE STARTED COMING IN AND WE STARTED. THE WHOLE THING WAS VERY ORGANIZED AND I OWE THAT TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO GOT IT ORGANIZED. THANK YOU JONATHAN, KRISTEN, ZACK, AND JENNI FOR FILMING IT....I WILL TALK MORE ABOUT THIS WHEN I CAN GET THE VIDEOS POSTED UP, MOST LIKELY TOMORROW SO STAY TUNED FOR THE REST OF THAT STORY. I HAD A REALLY GREAT TIME AND IT WAS A REALLY IMPORTANT EXPERIENCE TO TRY TO GET OVER MY NERVES. STAY TUNED FOR PART 2 OF THIS WHEN I GET THE VIDEO POSTED TO YOUTUBE.
Erin!!! I love Karen Carpenter too. I will send you some sheet music from The Carpenters soon. Great, great job today. ;-)
ReplyDelete