I have completed day 1 of the challenge and so far its going well!!
DAILY PRACTICE LOG
TECHNICAL ASPECTS: lip trills, straight tone scales, middle and head voice warm-ups
MINUTES: 20
REPERTOIRE: worked on, "I caint say no" from "Oklahoma" and "out here on my own" from "Fame".
MINUTES: 40
SUCCESS: I was able to work on my belt in "I caint say no" and actually get some good volume that I dont normally have with belting. On, "out here on my own", I was able to work on my mixes, smooth transitions from straight tones to vibrato at the very end of the long notes.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: I need to work on making sure that I dont go flat when Im singing straight tones. I also need to find a way to become more comfortable with singing straight tone songs. I also need to keep looking at "out here on my own" because there are some parts where I keep hitting sour notes.
NOTES: I would like to add both of these songs to my list of audition pieces. I like the range that "out here on my own" shows, and I like the character that "I caint say no" shows.
HEALTHY MEAL # 1
Breakfast:
1 low fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 grapefruit
1 cup of raisin bran cereal with soy milk
rating: 3/4
Erin,
ReplyDeleteGreat way to start off! Keep up the hard work!
Love,
Johno