Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day #5

Alright so I got an early start to everything today!

DAILY PRACTICE LOG:

TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: lip trills, relaxing vocal chords, working on bringing chords together to support, gu gu gu, regular scales.
MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: "A change in me" from "Beauty and the Beast", and "Ten minutes ago" from "cindarella".
MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: I had success on "a change in me" when I tried to really use belting techniques but still keep a pretty sound. It still sounded pretty, it just sounded much stronger than it has in the past. ON "ten minutes ago, I really worked on smooth transitions between mid and high voice. It made the song more fluid.

AREAS FOR IMPROVMENT: I need to work on being snarly without being nasily, its a fine line! I still need to develop more vilume and power in my voice, less timid.

NOTES: Both of these songs are seemingly easy but no matter how technically hard a song is, there is always something to work on and I found those things when I was working on these songs.


HEALTHY MEAL #5

STARTING THE DAY RIGHT WITH A HEALTHY BREAKFAST

1/2 grapefruit and a bowl of oatmeal

both were bought from sunflower market

RATING: 9/10








YOGA CLASS # 3

DATE/TIME: JAN 5TH, 10:00AM, 90 min

TYPE OF CLASS: BIkram yoga (hot)

DIFFICULTY: Beginner, (although felt intermediate today).

STUDIO: Bikram Yoga of Albuquerque, west side

INSTRUCTOR: Kristen

MOST ENJOY: I really enjoyed the middle of class because I started to get really energized and I am starting to get less and less dizzy each time.

CHALLENGING: I still fing any pose that goes upside down extreemly challenging, that is always the point in the class where I feel like im gonna barf.

OBSERVATIONS: I have noticed that doing this yoga has really helped me in dance. Doing the back exercises has helped my arabesque get higher and my back get much stronger, ITs great cross trainning for dance.






ME AND KRISTEN


oK THATS MY DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment