Saturday, January 22, 2011

day # 22

Hey everyone! I had a really great day! Im happy to report that i did not have to do my vocal work @ 5am today, I actually got to sleep in till 7:00 am....SCORE!!! Anyway I had work this morning and I knew I had long day ahead of me so I grabbed an energizing breakfast and quickly ate it in the breakroom.

HEALTHY MEAL # 25

OATMEAL WITH DRIED FRUIT AND ALMONDS AND A NAKED FRUIT DRINK.

FROM: STARBUCKS

RATING: VERY HEALTHY, AND IT GAVE ME ENERGY FOR MY LONG DAY AHEAD.



























I WORKED UNTIL 2:00PM AND THE RUSHED OVER TO THE OKLAHOMA DANCE REHEARSAL THAT STARTED @ 2:30 PM.

DANCE # 7

DATE/TIME: Jan 22, 2:30pm

TYPE OF CLASS: 3 HOUR OKLAHOMA DANCE REHEARSAL

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Quite difficult, Oklahoma is a major dancing show and the choreography is complex, i love it!!

COMPANY: MUSICAL THEATRE SOUTHWEST

CHOREOGRAPHER: EDYE ALLEN

ENJOY: I love learning all the new choreography! Its really fun and challenging I like everyone in the cast, they are really working hard.

CHALLENGING: IT is a little stressful for me because im the dance captian for the show so i am responsible for learning everyones choreography, and its alot on this show but its a good kind of stress so I cant complain.



ME AND EDYE OUTSIDE MTS AFTER

























AFTER THAT, I CHANGED AND WENT TO SEE A VOCAL PERFORMANCE THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

LIVE PERFORMANCE

i HAD HEARD ABOUT A JAZZ SINGER WHO WAS GOING TO BE SINGING AT MYKINOS IN THE PAPER SO I WENT TO CHECK IT OUT. IT WAS A TRIO : DIANNA HUGHES SINGING, SID FENDLEY ON PIANO, AND KEN BATTAT ON DRUMS. I LOVED IT!!! THE MUSIC WAS BEAUTIFUL, IT WAS SO RICH AND LOUD. SHE SANG SOME JAZZ STUFF BUT SHE ALSO SANG SOME OF MY FAVORITE SONGS LIKE, MASQUERADE-MADE FAMOUS BY ONE OF MY SINGING IDOLS MISS KAREN CARPENTER, AND SWAY. SHE ALSO DID SOME REALLY GREAT SONGS THAT HAD A GREAT SAMBA BEAT. I REALLY LOVED HER VOICE. SHE WAS SUCH A NATURAL. SHE SANG IN BEAUTIFUL STRAIGHT TONES, WHICH I WORK ON ALOT!!! THEY WERE ALSO REALLY NICE, ONONE OF THEIR BREAKS THEY AGREED TO TAKE A PIC WITH ME. THIS INSPIRED ME BECAUSE OF HOW SHE WAS A GREAT VOCALLIST, BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE OF HOW SHE WAS SO NATURAL AND JUST HAD TOTAL CONFIDENCE, WHICH I WANT TO WORK AT AND GET BETTER.

HERE WE ARE





























WHILE LISTENING I HAD SOME REALLY YUMMY GREEK FOOD

HEALTHY MEAL # 26

MUSAKA-AN EGGPLANT AND SQUASH DISH WITH GREEN BEANS ON THE SIDE

RATING - REALLY HEALTHY, FRESH, AND YUMMY!!!
















THEN FINALLY I CAME HOME AND GOT SOME VOCAL WORK IN
DAILY PRACTICE LOG:

TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: Chest voice work, yogi bear-gu gu gu, straight tone scales-inspired by that performance.
minutes: 15

REPERTOIRE: "I caint say no" and "The finer things" Im really trying to get these good and ready for tomorrow.

MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: I was finally able to work on really putting alot of character into both of these pieces.

areas to improve: "the finer things" is really technically difficult so just hitting all the right notes is a constantr struggle.

NOTES: IM EXCITED TO SING THESE TOMORROW.

OK THATS IT FOR TODAY, I HOPE I SEE SOME OF YOU TOMORROW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang Erin....your lucky your getting to experience so many-sometimes un noticed fields of the Performing Arts. Plus....your a cool person, I enjoy following your blog daily.

    ReplyDelete