Monday, January 3, 2011

Day #3 - full voice challenge

Day # 3

3 days and still rockin!!
I had a full day of challenge work today.
I had a vocal lesson, a dance class, some healthy food, and practice, and I feel great.

DAILY PRACTICE LOG:
DATE/TIME: jan 3rd 1:00pm
TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: warm-ups, lip trills, breath support exercises, getting the yogy bear sound(gu gu gu), operetic scales-high arch and vibrato.
MIN: 20

REPERTOIRE: "out of my dreams" from "oklahoma" and "what I did for love" from "a chorus line".
MIN: 40

SUCCESS: On out of my dreams, I worked on getting my clean classical sound, that I have been neglecting, back. I successfully eased into my high notes. It felt much easier once I slid into them. On what I did for love, I worked on having a pop sound and only doing vibrato on the end of the long notes, which is getting easier the more I practice it. I also had alot of success singing it infront of the mirror so I could work on my character.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: I still need to work on not forcing notes. I need to work on not sounding like a robot when I am trying to concentrate on my technique.

NOTES: I love singing "out of my dreams" it almost feels second nature, therefore I am more able use style and not worry so much about technique because I know it is already in place.


PRIVATE COACHING SESSION
INSTRUCTOR: Sandra Niel, who has been my vocal coach for about 3 years now and she is Amazing!!!
MINUTES: 60

REPERTOIRE: "think of me" , "prima donna" , and "point of no return" from "Phantom of the opera".

POINTS COVERED: clarity of notes, keeping the notes connected to my core, slidding into the high noted, keeping a big open space in the mouth for maximum warmness and volume.

NOTES: I love singing stuff from phantom, i need to remember to work on that when I need challenging material, it keeps me alert, it also beautiful.

ME AND SANDY:


















DANCE CLASS # 1 :
DATE/TIME: jan 3rd, 6:00 - 8:00pm

TYPE OF CLASS: jazz/ballet/hip hop. Dance Expose' company rehersal.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: advanced level

STUDIO/ INSTRUCTOR: Dance Expose' dance company , Edye Allen (aka my mom)

MOST ENJOY: I enjoyed getting back to rehersal after a 2 week break. I loved stretching out again and pushing my limits, and getting back to working on technique and choreography. I worked up a really good sweat! I loved it!!!

CHALLENGING: since i hadnt been back to dance for 2 weeks, over the holidays, I found that I got winded very easily, I felt out of shape and out of condition. I need to build up my stamina again. Dance is always challenging because there is so much to learn and Edye always pushes us.

OBSERVATIONS: I noticed how everyone was kind of quiet when we first went in but once we started everyone lit up. Dance has a magical effect on people, (corny I know, but true).

ME AND EDYE














HEALTHY MEAL # 3
spinach salad with organic shitake sesame vinaigrette dressing
spinach pasta with home- made marinara sauce yum!!!
(ingredients from smiths market)
RATING: very healthy

There you have it, day 3! feels good so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hip hop and ballet in the same rehearsal session....gotta love it !

    ReplyDelete