Thursday, January 6, 2011

day # 6

6 days and Im still going strong! I really can feel a change in myself! corny I know . . . but true!


DAILY PRACTICE LOG

TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: lip trills, scales, sirens, tounge twisters(many mumbling mice, red leather yellow...) "gina lola brigitta" (a warm-up I do with sandra neil).
MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: "what ya want from me" Adam Lambert, "out here on my own" "Fame", "dont wanna miss a thing" Aerosmith.
MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: I am getting more comfortable with "out here on my own", I feel like Im getting it ready to sing in front of people...possibly!

AREAS FOR IMPROVMENT: "what ya want from me" is still in the wrong key for me, its still too high. I need to work on belting without hurting my vocal chords. Im still having trouble finding the "sweet spot" where it feels like operetic support but it sound like belt.

NOTES: I just played with "dont wanna miss a thing" a little bit but I think that may be a really great piece to work on.



YOGA #4

DATE/TIME: JAN 6TH, 10:00am

TYPE OF CLASS: Bikram

DIFFICULTY: they keep telling me its a beginner class but its pretty freakin hard!

STUDIO: Bikram yoga of Albuquerque, west side

INSTRUCTOR: Judy

MOST ENJOY: I enjoyed Judy's style of teaching because it was a little softer than the other ones, less millitant feeling. I like all the instructors, I just appreciate their differences.

CHALLENGING: I usually dont eat before class but today I had a banana right before and my stomach was not happy with me.

OBSERVATIONS: There were less people in the class today so it wasnt as hot, and it was less stinky, it was nice!


ME AN JUDY
























DANCE CLASS # 3

DATE/TIME: Jan 6th, 6:00pm-8:00pm

TYPE OF CLASS: Jazz, Partnering, Dance Expose'company rehersal

DIFFICULTY: Advanced

STUDIO/INSTRUCTOR: Dance Expose'

INSTRUCTOR: Edye Allen

MOST ENJOY: We tried a really cool human wave thing with on girl really high up in the air and the rest of us were like a wave ( hard to describe...it was way cool though.)

CHALLENGING: I have really been trying to work on being stronger in my lifts. Thats what I really worked on tonight.

OBSERVATIONS: I noticed that when I did really engage my entire body strength in my lifts, I was a lot easier to lift.


EDYE ALLEN, TOM, AND ME (in the air)



















HEALTHY MEAL # 6

spinach salad with light itallian dressing

RATING 10/10






dONE WITH DAY 6, LOOKING FOREWARD TO DAY 7. !!

2 comments:

  1. dang girl you look awesome after hot yoga!! I always look like a total hot mess!! And that looks like an awesome dance class... I wanna go.. where is it at? I would love to go with you sometime!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . digging the salad! You eat such small portions of this delicious looking food!

    ReplyDelete