Friday, January 28, 2011

DAY # 28

WOW I CANT BELIEVE THE CHALLENGE IS ALMOST OVER !!! I HAVE GOTTEN USED TO IT!

DAILY PRACTICE LOG:

TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: I worked on my chest voice by simply singing one note at a time and holding for 16 beats and then trying to hold it for 20 beats. I also did regular sirens, and sirens with the baby cry sound. I also worked on cresendo and decresendo in the same breath, on the same note. I worked on finding the correct pitch of the given chord.

MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: " I can hear the bells" from hairspray , " Out here on my own" from fame, and "so much better" from legally blonde.

MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: I am starting to develop sound that I am comfortable with when Im singing in the style im not used to. It is not a very pretty sound but my support is getting much better when I belt.

AREAS TO IMPROVE: I need more work on my breath support like I did for warm-ups, because im not able to hold long notes all the way through in the middle of a song.

NOTES: "so much better" is still one of my favorite songs but that is defn. the one I need help with in terms of breath support.


COMING CLOSE TO THE END, BUT ITS NOT OVER YET!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh - 28 days. You must feel so much stronger vocally than ever before!

    ReplyDelete