Thursday, January 20, 2011

DAY # 20

WOW SO IM NOT EVEN A WEEK INTO SCHOOL AND ITS ALREADY KICKING MY BEHIND!!!
SO I HAD ANOTHER AWESOME 5 AM VOCAL PRACTICE, MY FIRST OF MANY TODAY!

DAILY PRACTICE LOG:

TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: Scales, Chest voice, I worked on really getting my voice in what I call "The happy spot", meaning my support is coming from way deep down in the bottom of my belly and my throat doesnt feel any strain at all. I must say warming up takes a bit longer at that time in the morning, but it eventually gets there.

MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: " The Finer things" "out here on my own" and "I caint say no".
MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: "I caint say no" felt really good today. I actually feel really good belting that, i was able to get it into that nasily place. I can finally feel my belt work paying off. yey!

AREAS TO IMPROVE: "The finer things" is super complicated. I love it, but the timing is a real struggle.

NOTES: I have been working on "the finer things" alot for my live performance but im stressing about it because I dont want to bomb it!

I HAVE NOTICED MYSELF DAY DREAMING IN MY CLASSES ABOUT MY SONG, I FIND MYSELF THINKING "ID RATHER BE WORKING ON MY MUSIC, OR DANCING".
FUNNY STORY

Today I had a 1 hour break and so I went to the duck pond to listen to the recording I made with Paul yesterday. I sat on the bench and closed my eyes and I got so into it that I was singing along with it and kind of moving around still sitting on the bench -totally forgot I was in public. About awhile had passed, a bird flew really close to my head and I snapped out of the intense zone I was in. I openned my eyes and realized that I had forgotten where I was, and about 15 min had gone by. Everyone around was looking at me like I was crazy....it was soo funny, I was just totally in my own little musical.. . . . . . I AM LOSING IT!


the one thing i have had to miss since school started is hot yoga...I miss my yoga butt!!! .... I will get back to it soon tho!


I did have a wonderful dance practice tonight

DANCE CLASS # 6

DATE/TIME: JAN 20TH 6:00-8:00PM

TYPE OF CLASS: Jazz, partnering, choreography

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: advanced

COMPANY: Dance Expose'

INSTRUCTOR: Edye Allen

MOST ENJOY: I loved learning the new choreography we learned tonight.

CHALLENGING: I have had to miss a few dance classes for Oklahoma and so I was a little rusty.

OBSERVATIONS: I have lost some weight on the challenge and I have noticed that it is much easier for my partners to lift me.




ME AND TIM







STAY TUNED!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice story about hitting your zone while at the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt people thought you were crazy...it is UNM after all! LOL I really enjoy reading your blog...your commitment is inspiring. Maybe I'll start to work on MY yoga butt!

    ReplyDelete