Friday, January 14, 2011

day # 14

Todays post is going to be a short one but it was another wonderful full voice day.

I started out the day with some practice

DAILY PRACTICE LOG:
TECHNICAL CONCEPTS: lip trills, sirens, straight tone scales.
MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: "many a new day" and "Oklahoma" from "Oklahoma".
MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: I understand my parts a little better than I did.

AREAS TO IMPROVE: I was working on my part of the harmonys in these songs from our MTS rehersals. I practiced these parts from the recordings I made at rehersal yesterday because I really couldnt hear my 2nd soprano part. The whole thing was a major struggle still today but it did get a little better.

NOTES: Doing the harmonys is really beneficial for me because I havent done alot of that before and it is really challenging for me.



THEN I MADE MY WAY OVER TO DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL FOR MY 3RD GOOD DEED


GOOD DEED # 3

I was really trying to think, as I did yesterday, about what it meant to really give back and help the community so I decided to give back to a part of the theatre community that really changed my life. I was always a dancer, I was pretty much born into it, but I was never interested in theatre. I decided to go to Del Norte Highschool and on a whim I signed up for drama. From the first drama class my freshman year I knew my life would be changed forever. Mr. Hagmaeir, The drama teacher/director was and still is one of my most important mentors. I had the most amazing experiences and was really able to develop in theatre at del norte, and I know that its a place that gives that same chance to so many kids. Del Norte has been under serious construction for a year now, and wont be back to normal for a while. The construction has had a major impact on the theatre, it has seriously affected their ticket sales because the parking lot is totally torn out, and it has left the already struggling theatre in shambles!!! I wanted to volunteer my time to help the Del Norte theatre. Today I went there and volunteered 3 hours of my time to helping clean up and organize the theatre so they can put on their next play without such a chaotic environment. I cleaned up the theatre and spent alot of time organizing the library of plays and putting them into categories so that the drama students could have the same study opportunities I had. While my contribution was only a small part of what this theatre needs to get back on its feet, at least is was a start and the students and Mr. Hagmaier really appreciated it.

HERE IS ME AND MR. HAGMAIER




THERE YOU HAVE IT, ANOTHER REWARDING DAY! SEE YA TOMORROW!!

1 comment: