Thursday, January 13, 2011

DAY #13

TODAY WAS ANOTHER GREAT DAY!!

I STARTED OUT WITH A WONDERFUL SMOOTHIE FOR BREAKFAST.

HEALTHY MEAL # 15

Fresh smoothie with Banana, strawberries, non fat frozen yogurt and soy milk.

all ingredients from albertsons market.

rating: very healthy and filling.




















AFTER BREAKFAST I GOT SOME PRACTICE IN
DAILY PRACTICE LOG:

TECHNICAL CONCEOTS:Lip trills, sirens, straight tone scales, breathing exercises.
MINUTES: 20

REPERTOIRE: " My heart will go on" and " out here on my own".
MINUTES: 40

SUCCESS: "Out here on my own" is starting to feel really good. Im finally getting comfortable with it.

AREAS TO IMPROVE: My voice felt really strained today. I dont know if im getting sick but my throat didnt feel very good.

NOTES: I want to continue working on "my heart will go on", I think I can really work on my belt with that song.


AFTER PRACTICE I HAD A GREAT LUNCH

HEALTHY MEAL # 16

Cesar salad with chicken.
homemade
RATING: mostly healthy, except the chicken is breaded.

















AFTER MY LUNCH I WENT TO WESTGATE COMMUNITY CENTER

CHARITABLE DEED #2- DANCE CLASS FOR KIDS

I know that Kurtis said we should try to use our artistic abilities to inspire those in our community and give back. I decided, since I dance, that I would give a free dance class to the children of Westgate community center.I chose this community center because these kids are kids that have never been exposed to dance and dont have a way to be exposed to dance. I am luky that mom has a dance company, I have always been able to be involved in it and dance has truly shaped my life. I feel bad that so many kids, especially less fortunate kids, are not able to have the same experiences that I have had so I wanted to share that with them for free and it was wonderful. I went to the center and started at 4:00pm. When the kids first came in, they seemed nervous so I started out with some exercises and jumoing around to break the ice. They really started to enjoy it and they really got into it, even the boys who didnt want to do it at first. I then did some accross the floor with them, turns, kicks, etc..., then, I taught them a fun jazz routine. I was suprised at how quickley they picked everything up and how much they enjoyed it. It absolutly warmed my heart when the kids came up to me after and hugged me and asked , "when are you coming back ? ". This experience was so amazing to me, I will definatly continue doing this and I told the kids I would be back soon and I will keep that promise!!!

HERE ARE SONME PICKS, IM THE TALLEST ONE IN THE ORANGE SHIRT































GROUP HUG!!!!!
















THEN I WENT STRAIGHT TO DANCE

DANCE CLASS # 5

DATE/TIME: jan 13th 6:00pm-8:00pm

INSTRUCTOR: Edye Allen

MINUTES: 2 HOURS

TYPE OF CLASS: Jazz, partnering(Dance expose' rehersal).

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Advanced

MOST ENJOY: I got a really great workout today, i was drenched in sweat by the end of class.

CHALLENGING: It was hard to get stretched out at the beginning because muy muscles were a little tight.

NOTES: I noticed that I had alot of energy in class. I think its all the healthy food.

HERES A PIC














then after dance i went straight to rehersal for oklahoma at mts.

I had a busy day but it was great fun!!!

i shall see you tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That warms my heart to see you and the kids and how happy ALL of you look !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I am so proud of you! I think that you have really grown as a person in just the 13 days you have started this challenge!! You are such an inspiring and amazing young lady!!!

    ReplyDelete